Imaginary Number Sector
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum for iNS.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A complex guide for a NO rage hale

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
|inter| Jordan
Bronze
Bronze

A complex guide for a NO rage hale Empty
PostSubject: A complex guide for a NO rage hale   A complex guide for a NO rage hale EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm

As the title suggests this is an expansive guide detailing you how to be a no rage hale. The tips and tricks you need to succesfully kill everyone without raging at all.

First off, i need to get some things straight as in when rage is necessary.

DO rage scouts. Scouts are the most horrible thing when you are hale especially ones with BONK. Before you rage use tactics such as cutting corners, crouch jumping to get to places higher, and use what i call super super jumps. (i'll explain later.)

DO NOT rage soldiers, they are easily taken out because their health runs low from rocket jumping around. DO rage mantreads soldiers that are on maps with lots of health ie military area.

DO NOT rage pyros they run out of air-blast really quick and can't make quick escapes. DO rage pyro-birds on maps with a lot of health ie military arena...

DO NOT rage demomen they aren't hard to take out, even if they demoknight.

DO NOT rage heavies. You can easily circle strafe them and take them out (explained later)

DO rage engineers if they are near a level three sentry in a spot you have to use a super jump to get to, the knock-back is to great. DO NOT rage a tele-fragging engineer they can still jump on their teleporter. Any other place you see an engy is a place that you will not need to rage them for.

DO NOT rage medics. EVEN IF they are doing chain medic. just run around and strafe right and left to avoid needles and strike when they don't have uber.

DO NOT rage snipers. why would you ever do that?

DO NOT rage spies. they are so easy to kill even with dead-ringer. just think... If i were a spy where would i go? Most likely they are going to a corner or ammo/health. beat them to it.

Continues in post 2. Inb4 tl:dr
Back to top Go down
|inter| Jordan
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: A complex guide for a NO rage hale   A complex guide for a NO rage hale EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Second post.

Before you go telling me that im stupid for saying do rage scouts when it is a no rage strategy think about how much time it wastes trying to kill an idiotic scout. (jobe with his staff)

Here is where the strategy begins. When you spawn and the round starts go to where everyone will be and take out as many as you can trying to get scouts and medics and engineers. If you have trouble with killing engineers without rage try to target them before anyone. Remember kill scouts/medics/engineers. Try to catch people off guard once you have taken out as many possible such as back routes.

When encountering a heavy circles strafe him by going the opposite direction of his mini-gun and stay out of the stream of bullets, Same tactic should be used for sentries in corners on ground level or in the middle of no where.

Soldiers can be taken out by dodging their rockets or heading for them straight on in some cases. If you are close to a soldier and he shoots a rocket he will be down a good amount of health and will then be killed in one hit. Pyros can be tricky with their air-blasting and what not the best way is to just come up behind them or keep wasting their ammo.

Demomen can be tough especially one with a shield and an eyelander. You're best off by hitting them (obviously) and heading towards where they will be knocked back and staying on them.

Medics can be easy to kill so it is self explanatory, Chain medics on the other hand can be tricky if they know what they are doing. Simply run away like a little baby hale and wait until they do not have uber and then murder them.

Snipers are one of the easiest things to kill, they normally corner themselves in a tall building so its not that hard.

Spies aren't very tricky. Most spies will dead-ringer so make sure to watch ammo/health and check corners. Also watch out for your back. its like baby skin and can be stabbed for 1.5K damage.

Now for the pain in the ass, SCOUTS this is where the super super jump comes in to play. First off, you know what a regular super jump is. Crouch until maybe 20 or 40 percent and then let go while looking up. DO NOT LOOK STRAIGHT UP look at an angle and you will be propelled forward. The super super jump is where you combine all of those things while normally jumping. Either it is off of something or simply jumping up while holding W and waiting until 20 percent. While in the air make sure to let go of W and aire strafe with a/d and angle yourself so a/d would work the same as W. What you will get while jumping off of something is a high speed jump and can easily get in-front of a scout without them noticing. If all else fails rage the scout. Especially if it has a staff (jobe)

Remember that being a no rage hale is not something that is really easy. I didn't do no rage until like 25k points.

Feel free to post suggestions and point out typos/things to be improved. Thanks Smile

Also check out dimented's guide for super jumping. it is explained very nicely.
Back to top Go down
JoBe
Bronze
Bronze
JoBe

PostSubject: Re: A complex guide for a NO rage hale   A complex guide for a NO rage hale EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:19 pm

So i'm idiotic huh? Well this is my guide for dumbasses that think staffs are way too op to handle
1: if they are doing the same tactic (jumping from the same place to a diffrent place over and over) Just jump WHERE THEY WILL BE instead of where they are currently this will work on 99% of scouts not including me because if i didn't know about this why would i be saying it
2: Staffs aren't that op mostly the fish. Hit them once they will most likely throw milk on you to regen health well RUN AWAY untill the milk is gone so they can't regen so they are a one hit scout
3: Fire staff just does damage and doesn't effect you killing them it just makes you lose more health if you keep going head on. Well just don't go head on be tactical (as stated in #1 and other ways such as guarding going in commonly used walkways)
so really staffs aren't that op and Jordan i understand why Dim banned you for a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
|inter| Jordan
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: A complex guide for a NO rage hale   A complex guide for a NO rage hale EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 pm

WOAH WOAH WOAH calm the fuck down mate i didnt mean it to bash you at all. i meant it as in you're good enough to have to rage you for fucks sake. Staffs are overpowered in some situations. you're the one with the problem right now. By idiotic i meant totally impossible to kill not idiotic as in you're an idiot. dont jump to conclusions because i accused you of admin abuse respawning yourself. The staff gives hella knockback and stops you dead in your tracks. 2fort for example you just jump to the middle think and when hale trys to jump up there you smack him. This message wasnt directed towards YOU in any way other than me expressing the trouble i go through trying to kill a staffed scout.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A complex guide for a NO rage hale   A complex guide for a NO rage hale Empty

Back to top Go down

A complex guide for a NO rage hale
Page 1 of 1