Share | 

Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sergeant Pancakes
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:56 am

Stupid Jesus Medic wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Was this whole problem with Novanator point farming the reason why now you don't get any points for stunning hale in any way (not just with the SC) and you only get 5 points for ubering someone? I guess I get removing the points you gte for using the SC, but why was Uber points reduced to 5? Now to only way you can get a decent amount of points through regular gameplay is as Hale. Or am I just complaining too much, but I would like a answer to all this. Sad
Not really. You can rack up points by simply dealing a lot of damage.
Play demo, heavy, spy, ect.
It's still easy to get points as an Ubercharging Medic. Have you ever considered Uberchaining?
Yes I have, I used to do it all the time as medic, but now that you only get 5 points for Ubercharging, the overall amount of points you get for doing it is quite low compared to before. Now you can realistically only get 5-25 points as medic in a round, which like I said is pretty dismal, considering this is per round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergeant Pancakes
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:58 am

Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Was this whole problem with Novanator point farming the reason why now you don't get any points for stunning hale in any way (not just with the SC) and you only get 5 points for ubering someone? I guess I get removing the points you gte for using the SC, but why was Uber points reduced to 5? Now to only way you can get a decent amount of points through regular gameplay is as Hale. Or am I just complaining too much, but I would like a answer to all this. Sad
Like Applejack said, those are the regular scoreboard points, we are talking about the server points that you can spend on magician stuff with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
British Soldier
Silver
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 am

Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Like Applejack said, those are the regular scoreboard points, we are talking about the server points that you can spend on magician stuff with.
If you haven't realized it yet, all you're doing is trying to rationalize what you were doing as "fair because I said" which doesn't really fly. You earn points by playing as any class and doing good, which also count towards your rank points. Now please, if all you're going to do is argue a case that all it is doing is wasting our time and doing nothing but agitate us, please, let it die. We have much better things to do that argue semantics over something that is now a moot point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergeant Pancakes
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 am

Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
If you haven't realized it yet, all you're doing is trying to rationalize what you were doing as "fair because I said" which doesn't really fly. You earn points by playing as any class and doing good, which also count towards your rank points. Now please, if all you're going to do is argue a case that all it is doing is wasting our time and doing nothing but agitate us, please, let it die. We have much better things to do that argue semantics over something that is now a moot point.
I wasn't arguing with anybody before, though I guess I'm doing it now, huh. But I really wasn't mad at anyone, and was just curious to as why this whole point thing was changed. But why would you suddenly lash put at me? I was not raging at anything or anyone, really all I was doing was voicing my curious opinion. But I guess I'll stop doing that, maybe I'm somehow agitating everyone. If I did, then I am sorry for that, but I still cant see how what I was doing was so bad and drawn out, even if it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
British Soldier
Silver
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
I wasn't arguing with anybody before, though I guess I'm doing it now, huh. But I really wasn't mad at anyone, and was just curious to as why this whole point thing was changed. But why would you suddenly lash put at me? I was not raging at anything or anyone, really all I was doing was voicing my curious opinion. But I guess I'll stop doing that, maybe I'm somehow agitating everyone. If I did, then I am sorry for that, but I still cant see how what I was doing was so bad and drawn out, even if it was.
Sorry. Nova's been getting on my nerves with this crap and he won't let it die. It's not your fault, honestly it's me. You know, it's kinda saying something when I'm jumping down people because I'm agitated cause I don't get that way.
The reasoning behind the point change is to eliminate any possibility of point farming. Short Circuiting was the biggest offender, so that got dropped completely, followed by a cut in half to ubering thanks to DeathMedic and his ubering the Short Circuiters. This actually makes it harder for players to farm points for Magician and shiite, so it's fair and balanced and forces people to actually try in order to receive points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergeant Pancakes
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sorry. Nova's been getting on my nerves with this crap and he won't let it die. It's not your fault, honestly it's me. You know, it's kinda saying something when I'm jumping down people because I'm agitated cause I don't get that way.
The reasoning behind the point change is to eliminate any possibility of point farming. Short Circuiting was the biggest offender, so that got dropped completely, followed by a cut in half to ubering thanks to DeathMedic and his ubering the Short Circuiters. This actually makes it harder for players to farm points for Magician and shiite, so it's fair and balanced and forces people to actually try in order to receive points.
Ok, I understand why you got mad, but realistically, how are you going to get a decent amout of points anymore, besides playing as hale. So, I guess the question is what am I missing here, and how WOULD you get points now? Really, it seems like there is a obvious answer in front of my face yet I cant see it Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
British Soldier
Silver
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Ok, I understand why you got mad, but realistically, how are you going to get a decent amout of points anymore, besides playing as hale. So, I guess the question is what am I missing here, and how WOULD you get points now? Really, it seems like there is a obvious answer in front of my face yet I cant see it Razz
The obvious part is play! Although the easy ways to get points have been either removed or debuffed, you can still get points from a good round of play and either high damage, lots of healing, or surviving a good amount of time. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergeant Pancakes
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:59 am

Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
The obvious part is play! Although the easy ways to get points have been either removed or debuffed, you can still get points from a good round of play and either high damage, lots of healing, or surviving a good amount of time. :3
Hmm, ok then, but I thought that you only got points for kills, teleporting people, assists, uber, stunning, building kills and assists, and (maybe, I'm not sure) backstabbing. Or am I wrong about someting again Rolling Eyes (also, is there any way to shorten your posts when you want to quote people, I dont want it to quote too far back and make the message too long.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
British Soldier
Silver
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:51 am

[quote="Sergeant Pancakes"]
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Hmm, ok then, but I thought that you only got points for kills, teleporting people, assists, uber, stunning, building kills and assists, and (maybe, I'm not sure) backstabbing. Or am I wrong about someting again Rolling Eyes (also, is there any way to shorten your posts when you want to quote people, I dont want it to quote too far back and make the message too long.)
Like what I just did. But yeah, I'm fairly certain that overall gameplay makes you gain points, not just the standard things. I've done literally no damage as a Scout, ended up as last man, STILL did no damage, and I got like 50-some odd points for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergeant Pancakes
Bronze
Bronze

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 am

[quote="Stupid Jesus Medic"]
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Gweeb wrote:
Sergeant Pancakes wrote:
Like what I just did. But yeah, I'm fairly certain that overall gameplay makes you gain points, not just the standard things. I've done literally no damage as a Scout, ended up as last man, STILL did no damage, and I got like 50-some odd points for it.
Ill have to play more and experiment on the server to see if I was getting extra points I never knew about all along huh XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
novanator
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Applejack wrote:
Name:[iNS Novanator [*lol...*]
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:50251557
Reason:Point farming by friends and using short circut to charge at hale and stun him for no reason.
Reason for problem:Wants magcian badly.
Notes:Racked up about 1000 points in one map.

Helpers:[iNS]Stealthdude56 (Got away once i said i would be informing the motd about the point farming,I did not get his steam id either)
Reason:Allowing [iNS] Novanator to get a shit load of points.

I think if you don't let him purchase magican he would stop

Lost magicain Happy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]   

Back to top Go down

Reporting [iNS] Novanator [*lol...*]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2